OUTSIDE BROADCAST PRESENTS UNIQUE CHALLENGES.
There are few sectors of the production industry as technically demanding, and few environments as highly pressured, as Outside Broadcasting (OB), with the demand to cover programmes comprehensively, creatively and to the highest quality standards.
In this fast-paced environment, it is essential that broadcasters have reliable, flexible tools that fit seamlessly in to their operations and offer ease of use and familiarity as personnel shift and move between productions.
By offering critical quality control throughout the whole production process. In an industry where the technology is rapidly progressing, we keep working hard to provide the best tools that allow OBs to deliver the best audio and video quality for their customers and viewers.
Case Studies and Projects
ALL MOBILE VIDEO, USA
- Now featuring seven IP-equipped, large-format trucks in the US, AMV's production fleet captures some of the most high-profile events on TV
NEP VISIONS, UK
- The MPA1 Solo SDI units provide NEP’s operators with an intuitive yet flexible audio monitoring tool
NEP GROUP, USA
- NEP Group has relied on the company’s MPA1 units as their audio monitoring solution of choice for live broadcasts.
- TallyMan most modern, compatible, expandable, compact and easiest to use of all the systems we were considering
TIMELINE TELEVISIONS, UK
- The PAM MK2 Audio Monitoring Provides Critical Dolby Decoding for Timeline Television RF Truck
- TallyMan Controller coordinates critical broadcast infrastructure components in new HD Broadcast Truck
- For SBA’s two new OB trucks, GENTEC provided TSL’s TM1-MK2+ TallyMan Advanced Broadcast Control units and AMU1-3G audio monitoring units for each van.
- 7 Production uses TallyMan to complete the control system in their 4K OB Truck
- Kameraproduksjon uses TSL Control Systems as its core for their OB productions
TSL's Solutions for Outside Broadcast
The Foundation for System Control Best Practice
- For live sports production, the ability to view and control tally functions over an IP network, located anywhere, or router ‘pick me’ camera feeds and ‘one-touch studio recall’ can help dramatically speed up set-up and operator workflows, saving precious time in these high-speed environments.
The Role of IP in Audio and Video Monitoring
- As broadcasters strive to deliver the high-quality viewing experience that audiences desire, IP provides the scale and agility required to create increased volumes of premium content more efficiently.
Don't Take Power For Granted
- Power is critical to our operations in the broadcast industry and a lot of time and budget is spent on automation systems, control systems and routing switchers and the foundations, such as power, can be overlooked.