Proposed notice: 1 week during probationary period, 1 month thereafter.
Location: Marlow, UK – the role will be expected to be office-based throughout the probationary period in order to learn the systems and processes and interact with and learn from colleagues more efficiently. Following successful completion of probation, flexible working arrangements with a mix of office and home working will be available.
Overall Purpose and Scope
TSL Professional Products Ltd is a company that designs, manufactures, markets and sells sophisticated electronic equipment and software solutions to broadcast and other industry end-customers worldwide. With facilities in Marlow, UK and Northridge, California it is well placed to serve the main geographical markets.
TSL is restructuring its internal team supporting the administration and operations of the sales order process to recognise improved processes and efficiencies in the ERP system and drive greater consistency of approach across the global business. In addition, we are also restructuring the sales team to bring more key account and channel partner management ‘in-house’, thereby allowing the field sales team to ‘hunt’ more new business.
This is all in turn driven by a strategy to improve productivity across the global business.
- Take on PPOC responsibility for certain channel partners and key accounts in the UK and Europe, maintaining regular contact and both proactively generating new opportunities with the support of product management and pre-sales engineering resources and reactively support those accounts with new enquiries.
- Support non-Americas RSMs with quote creation and dispatch and CRM data entry and maintenance on more straightforward sales opportunities.
- Ownership of the sales order process for non-Americas orders from receipt of customer PO to collection or delivery of goods & services for all sales of goods and services out of Marlow, UK contractually fulfilled by TSL Professional Products Ltd. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Matching PO to RSM quote and ensuring pricing etc details are correct and desired lead times are deliverable
- On confirmation of above, issue acceptance of PO and entering of details into ERP – creation of SO (in future this may move to CRM)
- Regular review of backlog product SOs with production and Sales team and backlog services SOs with Support Team and Control Group to ensure correct prioritisation and updated delivery timescales, ensuring customers’ expectations are managed and communication is maintained and services invoices are raised in a timely manner against SoWs etc as appropriate.
- Liaising with production, goods out and shipping agents to ensure correct invoicing, shipping arrangements, collections, documentation etc is created and issued in a timely manner.
- Dealing with commercial invoices, export/import documentation, tax certificates and other requirements for TSL’s global shipments.
- Liaising with their equivalent colleague in TSL’s Northridge, California office for all inter-company orders and shipments.
- Lead on non-Americas credit control, including the collection, recording and management of advance deposits and stage payments.
- Provide regular updates to the Head of Global Sales, CFO & CEO regarding sales order entry, sales backlog, invoiced sales and credit control each month.
- Regularly reviewing the status of loan and demo equipment and chasing for return or converting to invoiced sales.
- Reports to the Global Head of Sales
- Global Sales Team
- TSL Products Inc. Finance Assistant (California)
- Marlow Production Team
- Global Support Team
- CFO & CEO
- Customer sales & quote experience
- Minimum 3 years experience of an ERP processing or accounts role
- Understanding and experience of CRMs
- Detail-oriented, high level of accuracy, well-organised, PC literate
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a cross-functional team
- Excellent communicator, well presented, able to communicate to all levels in an organisation
- Takes ownership, flexible approach, and willingness to undertake ad hoc duties as required
- Fluent English
- Sales order processing experience
- Credit control experience
- Experience with import/export documentation and associated requirements
- Experience of global shipping
- A second language
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com