TSL Professional Products Ltd is a UK based company that designs, manufacturers, markets and sells sophisticated electronic equipment to the Media and Entertainment industry worldwide. With leading market positions in the fields of Audio Monitoring, Control and Automation, and Intelligent Power Management, and with facilities in Marlow, UK and Northridge, California, TSL is well positioned to serve the key Live Production and Broadcast Television customer base.
The Sales Engineer will work closely with our Regional Sales Managers, Resellers and Systems Integrators to assist in identifying, qualifying and developing existing and new customers and strategic opportunities. In this role, you will evaluate customer Audio Monitoring, Power Management and Control requirements, understand current infrastructure and workflows and propose products after executing compelling technical demonstrations.
The successful candidate will likely be currently working for a broadcast or A/V systems integrator, or as a broadcast engineer with a media company, or as a support engineer at a broadcast manufacturer. This role offers the opportunity to advance your career into sales or system architect roles, developing a comprehensive understanding of broadcast workflows and the media landscape in the North American market and worldwide.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- To be responsible for pre and post technical sales in North American market.
- To be a go-to ambassador and trusted advisor for the TSL product portfolio for key customers, end-users, and Systems Integrators.
- To develop proposals through on-line and/or face-to-face discussions that will meet or exceed customer project requirements.
- To support the sales team in the promotion of our products and solutions online, on customer premises and at exhibitions.
- To contribute to accurate and commercially attractive documented responses to RFI/RFP/RFQs.
- To produce SOW documents for custom projects with clear responsibilities, deliverables, timelines and risk mitigation.
- To take technical ownership of assigned key end user accounts including solution positioning, workflow proposals, technical presentations, installation, commissioning, configuration, customer training, maintenance and troubleshooting of TSL products.
- To help to specify and create sales demonstration tools and templates so the sales team can reach an advanced point in the sales process before requiring technical pre-sales support.
- To be responsible for technical relationships with Resellers and Systems Integrators, supporting them in end-customer activities, as well as participating in and presenting at seminars, and providing back-office support.
- To create training materials and provide customer training courses and ‘train the trainer’ sessions so that the opportunities to develop our customer knowledge base are maximised.
- To proactively identify possible new sales opportunities with existing and new customers.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
We are seeking candidates with:
- A minimum of two years’ engineering experience in the broadcast industry, either with a broadcaster, Systems Integrator, or product manufacturer.
- Experience with digital audio, SDI and IP based Video/Audio/Metadata, SNMP and Monitoring Systems, Broadcast operations and workflows, Live Production operations and workflows.
- An undergraduate degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Electronics or a related discipline would be ideal.
- Be detail-oriented and well-organised, with a high level of accuracy.
- PC literate.
- Be able to work on your own initiative as well as acting as part of a cross-functional team.
- Have outstanding interpersonal, written communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Be an excellent communicator and skilled presenter, with the ability to communicate to all levels in an organization and clearly articulate complex ideas.
- Take ownership.
- Have a flexible approach, and willingness to undertake ad hoc duties as required
- Have a passport and be willing to travel (this is essential).
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org