Overall Purpose and Scope
TSL Professional Products Ltd is a UK based company that designs, manufacturers, markets and sells sophisticated electronic equipment to the broadcast television industry worldwide. With leading market positions in the fields of Audio Monitoring, Control and Automation and Intelligent Power Management. Our Northridge facility is the centre of all our US activities, and it is responsible for the design, manufacture, and support of our successful Control System family. Due to continued growth we wish to recruit a Product Support Engineer. Based in our Northridge facility in California this is a graduate entry level role into the operation and the successful candidate can expect to gain significant experience and exposure within the company in a relatively short timescale. In the past graduates in this position have moved into Sales, Product Management and System Configuration Engineering positions.
This role represents an exciting entry into the dynamic and challenging broadcast and media market that will suit an individual with high intellect, an enquiring mind, solid technical understanding, and good organisational and communication skills.
- Responding to customer support calls across all the product families and providing problem resolution.
- Working closely with the Product Managers to understand and become proficient in the products and in their configuration and application.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally.
- Occasionally be required to support the products in the field on customer sites or at exhibitions.
- Working closely with the development engineering department to enable rapid software and hardware development through the identification of product flaws and shortcomings.
- To assist in the testing of new hardware and software
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Computer software testing skills
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Articulate, technically curious, positive can-do attitude.
- C/C++ and/or web technology programming skills,
- Experience with virtualisation and networking technologies
- Electronic design
- Audio and/or Video signal processing
- Broadcasting and Streaming workflow understanding
- Software testing skills desirable