TSL design, manufacture, and sell equipment to the professional broadcast and related industries worldwide, with growing revenues and market share.
The business is split into three families: Audio Monitoring, Control Systems and Power Management. The audio monitoring family revenues represent 50% of the turnover of the company and reflects our leadership position in the market.
The Audio Product Manager is responsible for the business development of the audio product family. You will be the identified person for all activities that relate to the specification, development, revenue growth, product margin and promotion of the family.
The infrastructure transition from baseband to IP media transmission has provided new opportunities to monitor the audio, and with the industry leading PAM-IP platform, TSL has taken advantage of the new ‘hybrid’ working environment, where the old and new media transmission and media control technologies exist in tandem.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ audio and/or Product Management related experience in the broadcast industry and have an in depth understanding of audio and associated technologies – e.g., analogue, AES, MADI, ST2110-30, AES-67, Dante, loudness, object-based audio, audio scales, Dolby, etc. - as well as a basic understanding of video. It is also important that the candidate has a keen interest in new technological developments such as virtualisation, cloud-based playout, OTT, HDR, etc.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Be the customer facing product specialist for all products in the audio product family.
- Develop a short, medium, and long-term strategic plan for the development of the audio product family.
- Be an expert in the operation, demonstration, and workflow of your products so you can be a trusted advisor to the customer.
- Undertake customer visits with the sales team to train and promote sales, monitoring major projects incorporating your products and ensuring the sales team have all the support they need to win the business.
- Maintain close liaison with end users to obtain feedback for next generation audio products as well as possible improvements to current products.
- Be aware of competing systems, capability, and pricing so that trends and threats can be anticipated.
- Manage and mentor the Junior Audio Product Manager.
- Monitor market pricing and be able to advise on pricing strategies so that the price and margin are maximised.
- Develop an understanding of technology trends in the industry so that advances can be anticipated and planned for in new products.
- Research, specify and promote potential new products for consideration in the New Product Introduction process, using your knowledge and skill to ensure products are well targeted, adhere to the strategic plan and build revenues and contribution.
- Create supporting documentation to support the marketing of the products – website copy, application notes, case studies.
- Be recognised as a ‘Thought Leader’ by your peers in the broadcast industry, this can be achieved through publishing articles in industry magazines on technology trends, giving presentations designed to inform and educate as well as consulting with a key base of technology workflow influencers at the highest levels in the industry.
- Ensure that our technical support team is fully trained on all new products so they can provide the best customer support.
- Manage support escalation for audio product issues, via the support team, and Junior Audio Product Manager.
- Provide high-level technical support to the customer base, including response to RFI & RFP.
- Create and maintain the product manuals to minimise the support calls.
- Work closely with our marketing team to provide them with all the information and key messaging relating to your product family.
- When in front of customers you should be an ambassador for all TSL products and as such you are required to get a good understanding of the other products such as control systems and power management.
- Up to 25% travel
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
The following are the qualifications and skills which an individual will need in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- A passion for all things audio.
- 5+ years of experience developing audio products, undertaking system design, sales or marketing of broadcast audio or related equipment.
- A solid understanding of broadcast & IT Systems.
- Experience working in or around broadcast television or live production.
- Familiarity with hardware & software development using a NPI process.
- A desire to travel
- Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio.
The following would be advantageous:
- A degree or similar in Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Experience developing, selling, system design, system integration or marketing broadcast audio or related equipment.
- Operational experience with broadcast audio technology or within a live production setting.
- Proven creation of a step-change in UX identity strategy for software and hardware products.
- A history of total product lifecycle management.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com