TSL Professional Products Ltd. design, manufacture and sell equipment to the professional broadcast market and related industries worldwide, with growing revenues and market share. Sales of our products are balanced across the main broadcast markets worldwide, with 50% of them in the USA following our acquisition in 2019 of DNF Controls in Northridge, California.
The Professional Products business is split into three families: Audio Monitoring, Control Systems and Power Management. The Audio Monitoring family revenues represent 50% of the turnover of the company and reflects our leadership position in the market.
This is an opportunity to work directly with the Audio Product Manager to help define the current and next generation of class-leading audio monitoring units from TSL, working at the forefront of technological advancement within the broadcast industry.
The Junior Audio Product Manager role is varied and requires interaction with every facet of the business, including both a technical and commercial focus. You will assist the Audio Product Manager in managing the audio product range, including the creation of product documentation, testing pre-release hardware and software, designing product demonstration rigs for tradeshows and providing product training to internal staff.
As a skilled specialist in the entire range of audio products produced by TSL you will be responsible for demonstrating the products to customers both on site and at tradeshows, providing pre-sales support for the Sales team and presenting customer feedback to the Audio Product Manager.
The Junior Audio Product Manager will also manage the more complex audio support cases requiring in-depth investigation. Liaising with the Customer Support team and directly with customers, you will investigate, diagnose and replicate faults, before communicating with all key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years audio-related experience and have a thorough understanding of audio fundamentals and associated technologies, e.g. analogue, AES, MADI, Dante, ST 2110-30, AES67, loudness, audio metering and Dolby. A basic understanding of video, e.g. video formats, SDI, embedded audio, ST2110-20 and HDMI would be advantageous. It is also important that the candidate has a keen interest in tracking and learning about emerging technological developments such as virtualisation, cloud-based playout, OTT, HDR, etc.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Assist with the writing and maintenance of product manuals for the audio product range.
- Create technical application notes to provide in-depth guides for advanced use cases.
- Provide supporting copy for the creation of product datasheets.
- Own and maintain a set of audio FAQs to minimise Support cases.
- Test and validate pre-release software and hardware.
- Work closely with Marketing to maintain the audio product webpages.
- Design product demonstration rigs for tradeshows and the Sales team.
- Assist the Sales team with tender responses for the audio product range.
- Demonstrate the audio product range at tradeshows and at customer sites.
- Discuss requirements at a high level of technical detail with customers and provide feedback to the Audio Product Manager.
- Provide pre-sales support and IP system configuration guidance to the Sales team.
- Manage the high-level audio support cases requiring in-depth investigation. Work with key customers to diagnose and replicate faults, log and track software bugs.
- Provide training to the Support team for the audio product range and in audio/broadcast fundamentals.
- When in front of customers you should be an ambassador for all the TSL Products family and as such you are required to get a good understanding of the other products such as Control Systems and Power Management.
- Up to 40% travel, when safe to do so.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
The following are the qualifications and skills which an individual will need in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- A passion for all things audio.
- 3+ years of experience in professional audio or broadcast - developing audio products, undertaking system design, support, sales or marketing of professional audio equipment.
- An understanding of IP networking fundamentals.
- An understanding of broadcast & IT systems.
- Experience working in or around broadcast television, live production or equivalent environment.
- A desire to travel, when safe to do so.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio.
The following would be advantageous:
- A degree or similar in Engineering, Audio Production or Computer Science.
- Experience developing, selling, designing, integrating or marketing broadcast audio or related equipment.
- Operational experience with broadcast audio technology or within a live production setting.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org