TSL Professional Products Ltd is a company engaged in the design, manufacture, and sales of market leading broadcast electronic equipment to geographies world-wide. A spin-out in 2011 from a group established 35 years ago, the company has undergone significant growth organically and through acquisition over the past 10 years, achieving sales of $10M in FY 2019/20.
The finance function underpins all the companies’ activities and is an essential element in the planning and management of the business. A prospective member of the TSL Products Board, the Finance Director will be responsible for managing the finances of the company’s operations in the UK and the USA, including the customer service and finance teams in both locations.
A Finance Director is being sought to play a key role in the future growth and strategic direction of the company as it transitions to greater global integration and the development of a strengthened management board.
Over and above senior level financial and accounting skills, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strategic and people leadership capabilities, broader commercial awareness and a keen ability to recognise and respond to the practical interactions and consequences between finances and operations.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
Leadership and management of the group finance function, including (but not limited to) ultimate responsibility for:
- Delivering timely and accurate monthly management accounts following month end closures and completed bank reconciliations and ensuring sales and purchase ledgers are accurate and up to date;
- Preparing the information needed for our UK & US payroll bureaus and making the salary payments in the UK;
- Preparing and submitting (either directly or through our external accountants) statutory returns for tax, VAT, PAYE/NIC etc in the UK & US;
- Preparing and issuing an annual budget forecast with each year’s business plan and updating the P&L and cash-flow forecasts monthly;
- Prepare information for submission to external auditors for year-end audits and working with auditors to complete statutory and submit statutory accounts and audits on time;
- Creating, monitoring and reporting against Key Performance Indicators for the Company’s financial performance;
- Supporting an external agency in the preparation of data for the R&D tax credits computation;
- Managing the credit control functions and accounts receivable and ensure the accounting KPI related measures are adhered to (cash collection days etc.);
- Managing the company’s currency holdings and exposures efficiently and mitigating risk here wherever possible;
- Being responsible for the accuracy and completeness of financial records within the Company’s Syspro ERP system;
- Ensuring that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth;
- Leading and developing the finance and customer service teams;
- Identifying and evaluating areas for improvement of profit margins with particular regard to cost controls.
Management of Company Secretarial matters and ensuring compliance with Companies House, California Secretary of State, Nevada Secretary of State and other government and regulatory body requirements.
To identify and seek improvements in the Company's information systems and business processes.
Oversight and management of internal sales processing to point of shipment.
Ensure shipping is handled in a cost effective and efficient manner.
Ensuring that meaningful information, insight and intervention is provided to management to enable timely and current decisions to be made affecting policy, operations, product developments, sales contracts, product pricing and end product list prices.
To ensure the Company's Quality procedures and Health & Safety Policy are adhered to within the department.
To keep records in accordance with ISO 9001 and support the Operations Director whenever ISO audits and reviews are due.
Ensure the department works in an efficient and effective manner while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction in line with departmental and company goals.
As a member of the senior management team with a prospective board director opportunity, to provide leadership across the business by setting a strong example for others to follow and ensuring employees’ and customers’ concerns are identified and acted upon while playing an integral role in defining and analysing strategic options and priorities, working with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
Reporting to: Group CEO
Line management responsibility for: 4-5 accounts and customer service/sales order processing team staff based in the UK & US.
Other Internal: Board of Directors, President TSL Products Inc in USA, Management team, Director of Operations (includes procurement & manufacturing), Product Managers, Syspro & CRM project lead.
External: Customers, Suppliers, Subcontractors, Accountants, Auditors, Bankers – all globally especially US & UK.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable leadership and strategy experience. (Essential)
- International and multi-currency experience (Essential) – particularly experience of the USA would be an advantage.
- Experience of a variety of ERP/MRP systems – particularly SYSPRO would be an advantage.
- Experience of reviewing manufacturing processes and efficiencies and influencing decision-making in these areas.
- Experience of businesses creating and selling SLAs, wider customer support, software and cloud-based technologies as well as hardware.
- An outgoing, confident personality keen to learn and improve as an individual, while also improving those around them and the business as a whole.
- A commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org