Overall Purpose and Scope
TSL Products Ltd is a company that designs, manufacturers, markets and sells sophisticated electronic equipment to broadcast end-customers worldwide. With facilities in Marlow, UK and Northridge California it is well placed to serve the main geographical markets.
Strengthened by the acquisition of DNF in 2018 the TSL Control Systems product line is of strategic importance to our business, not just in terms of revenue and contribution, but in its attractiveness to our customers as a critical component in their broadcast installations. With a world-wide base of system integrators and end-customers familiar with TSL or DNF Control solutions, there is a clear opportunity to sell integrated solutions into our existing customer base, as well as complete production and broadcast workflow solutions into new opportunities using our combined product portfolio. This has led to the requirement for a Control Systems Architect to play a key role with senior engineers at our customers in the definition and delivery of control solutions. The successful candidate will design elegant solutions for our customers most complex control requirements using the best tools and products available from our combined TSL Control solutions offering.
- Be a go-to ambassador and trusted advisor for the Control Systems portfolio at key customers, end-customers and SI’s around the world. Develop proposals via on-line and/or face-to-face discussions that will meet or exceed customer project requirements.
- Support the sales team in the promotion of our products and solutions, either online, on customer premises or at exhibitions. Through consultative sales engagement help the customer achieve the optimal solution to their problem.
- Generate accurate & commercially attractive documented responses to RFI/RFP/RFQ’s
- Produce SOW documents with clear responsibilities, deliverables, timelines, and risk mitigation.
- Provide clear and complete solution documentation to internal Product Development and Product Support staff to ensure successful development and deployment of solutions.
- Assist with exhibition planning and configuration of the equipment.
- Work closely with the Product Manager Control Solutions and the Development teams to identify and communicate areas of future product improvement. Play a role in the specification of the product and ensuring its alignment with customer and market requirements.
- When required, assist the Product Support team to resolve customers Control Systems queries.
- Help to specify and create sales demonstration tools & templates so the sales team can reach an advanced point in the sales process before requiring technical pre-sales support.
- Create training materials that can be used to develop the skills of our partner System Integrators, end-customers, and internal resources in the configuration of the Control Systems so that they can undertake complex integrations with the minimum level of assistance.
- Undertake customer training courses and ‘train the trainer’ sessions so that the opportunities to develop the knowledge base are maximised
- Work with the Marketing team in the creation of case studies to support the promotion of the Control Systems product line.
- Minimum 2 years’ engineering experience in the broadcast sector, either with a broadcaster, systems integrator, or product manufacturer
- Degree level engineering qualification
- Detail oriented, high level of accuracy, well organised, PC literate
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a cross-functional team
- Excellent communicator, well presented, able to communicate to all levels in an organisation and clearly articulate complex ideas
- Takes ownership, flexible approach, and willingness to undertake ad hoc duties as required
- Willingness to travel is essential
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com